Inistioge Water Supply Scheme
This €10 million project will address water quality and quantity deficiencies in the Inistioge network through the upgrade to the Thomastown Water Treatment Plant and the construction of approximately 17.6km of new water mains.
Upon completion, residents, businesses and the agricultural community in Thomastown, Inistioge and the surrounding rural areas will benefit from improved drinking water quality, reduced disruptions to supply, and improved security of supply and water pressure.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve drinking water quality and quantity
- Reduce disruptions to supply
- Improve security of supply
- Improve water pressure
What is involved as part of this project?
- Construction of approximately 17.6 km of new water mains
- Installation and commissioning of a new borewell in Grennan
- Redevelopment, relining and commissioning of the existing borehole in Grennan
- Construction of a new reservoir on the existing Grennan Water Treatment Plant at Thomastown and Kilmacshane, Inistioge
- Upgrading the existing chlorine dosing system and new UV treatment at the Grennan Water Treatment Plant
- Construction of a new booster pumping station at Kilcross
- Upgrade works at the Ballygub Reservoir
- Upgrading of existing booster station at Woodstock, Inistioge