Gowran Regional Water Supply Scheme
The project includes the construction of a new water treatment plant, reservoir, rising mains, development of two abstraction boreholes and decommissioning of an existing plant. This project will also improve the quality and security of water supply for nine housing estates and a nursing home which are currently operating wells which have been subject to Boil Water Notices in the past. Upon completion of this project, these customers will be supplied by the upgraded water supply scheme.
What are the benefits of this project?
- This project will increase the water supply capacity to Gowran, Goresbridge and Paulstown
- Enable growth and development in the local area
- These works will improve the water treatment standards at the plant, improving water quality for over 1,225 residential and non-domestic properties
What is involved as part of this project?
- Development of new water abstraction boreholes
- Construction of new raw water rising mains between boreholes and the water treatment plant
- Construction of a new water treatment plant which will include facilities for chlorination and fluoridation
- Construction of a new treated water storage tank within the new WTP site
- Construction of a water main between the new WTP and the existing Butlersgrove Water Tower and works at Butlersgrove reservoir
- Decommissioning of the existing water treatment plant
- Gowran, Co. Kilkenny