Gort and Spiddal Regional Water Supply Schemes
Irish Water is investing over €1.5 million to upgrade the Gort and Spiddal Regional Water Supply Schemes. This investment will benefit over 14,000 customers to ensure that both treatment plants can meet demand for treated water in their areas, while also complying with the current drinking water regulations.
The upgrades at both of the plants are being carried out by Coffey Water Limited on behalf of Irish Water and in partnership with Galway County Council. As part of these works, the processes within the existing plant have been assessed and are being upgraded in order to provide a robust flocculation, coagulation, filtration process and disinfection system. These upgrades are necessary to ensure a fit for purpose water supply for the area. The expected completion date is Quarter 2 2019.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Safe guard the water supply to the Gort and Spiddal areas
- Improved water quality and water treatment standards
- Ensure compliance with current drinking water quality regulations
What is involved as part of this project?
- Upgrade current plants to provide more advanced treatment process to mitigate against various contaminants and improve the quality of water supplied
- Upgrade works to the flocculation, coagulation, clarification and filtration processes
- Gort, Spiddal
- In Progress
- €1.5 million