Back to the top
Galway West Water Supply Scheme
Terryland Water Treatment Plant Intake Works & Clifton Hill Rising Main
We have submitted a planning application to Galway City Council for this project which will provide clean, safe drinking water to the people of the Galway City area.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Ensure that a reliable, safe and secure source of drinking water supply is provided
- The project replaces and augments existing infrastructure which will safeguard the supply of water
What is involved as part of this project?
- The construction of a new raw water intake on the River Corrib south of the Quincentenary Bridge in Galway City
- An associated transfer main to serve the existing Terryland Water Treatment Plant
- The provision of a treated water rising main from the Terryland Water Treatment Plant to augment supply capacity to the Clifton Hill Reservoirs on the west side of Galway City
- Galway City