Galway Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
Upgrading the wastewater treatment plants in Ballinasloe, Co. Galway as part of €500,000 investment
Irish Water, working in partnership with Galway County Council, is investing €500,000 to undertake essential upgrade works to wastewater treatment plant in Ballinasloe, Co. Galway. These improvement works include upgrades to the inlet works and storm water management at the facility.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Upgrade existing infrastructure at the plant and provide new elements where defects identified.
- Improve the performance of the wastewater treatment process.
- Prolong the operational life of the existing plant.
- Reduce the risk of storm water flooding.
- Ensure compliance with Urban Wastewater Treatment Regulations 2001.
What is involved as part of this project?
- Upgrade the inlet works at the plant.
- Install a storm water storage tanks.
- Install 2 No. pumping stations at the site to upgrade storm water management.
- Works will be carried out within the footprint of the plant therefore minimising disruption to residents and businesses in the surrounding area.
- Ballinasloe, Co. Galway