Enniscorthy and Sow Regional Water Supply Scheme
Planning application submitted as part of upgrade to the Enniscorthy and Sow Regional Water Supply Scheme
We have submitted a planning application to Wexford County Council for the replacement of the raw water intake structure at Clonhaston, County Wexford. Subject to planning permission being granted, it is anticipated that construction will commence in Spring 2020 and is expected to take approximately 15 months to complete.
What are the benefits of this project?
- The upgrade works will ensure a reliable and sustainable water supply for Enniscorthy and the surrounding areas
- The upgrade works will improve the efficiency of the facility and the capacity of the intake will allow for future growth
What is involved as part of this project?
- Construction and operation of a new raw water intake to abstract water from the River Slaney
- Construction of a new pumping station, surge vessel and ESB substation
- Demolition of the existing intake, pumping station and generator building
- Landscaping and all associated site development works
- Enniscorthy and Sow, Co. Wexford