Dungarvan Sewer Survey
Commencing works to survey over 15km of sewer and 1,038 manholes in Dungarvan.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Waterford City and County Council, is to undertake a survey of the existing sewer network in Dungarvan. U.S.A. Limited is working on behalf of Irish Water to deliver this project. This is the first time surveys of this scale are being carried out in Dungarvan and will provide the basis to assess the capacity, condition and performance level of the sewer network.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Allow us to build a hydraulic model of the existing sewer network in Dungarvan.
- Determine the condition, capacity and performance level of the sewer network.
- Feed into a national programme of sewer network models across the country.
- Allow us to prioritise sewers in need of repair and upgrade on a national basis.
What is involved as part of this project?
- Undertake surveys and data collection of the sewer network and manholes.
- May require access to private property to complete manhole surveys.
- Some traffic management around manholes will be required for a limited time to facilitate the survey.
- Traffic management will be managed in co-ordination with Waterford City and County Council, with limited or no traffic disruption expected as a result of these works.
- Dungarvan, Waterford