Clonroadmore Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
This €5.2 million investment is needed to upgrade the Clonroadmore Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Location Clonroadmore, Co. Clare
Investment €5.2 million
Status In Progress
Completion Date Winter 2017
What are the benefits of this project?
- Ensure effluent is treated to a high standard that complies with EPA standards
- Reduce risk of pollution to the River Fergus
- Allow for future population growth and economic development
- Upgrade works at the Wastewater Treatment Plant are now fully completed and final commissioning of the new plant has recently commenced
What is involved in this project
- Increasing the capacity of the plant from 17,000 population equivalent (PE) to 30,500 (PE). This will allow all wastewater to be fully treated in compliance with EPA standards.
- Installing preliminary treatment facilities at Tulla Road and Francis Street Pumping Stations. These facilities will help ensure a higher quality of wastewater being discharged from the Clonroadmore Wastewater Treatment Plant into the River Fergus.