Clonmel Regional Water Supply Scheme – Mains & Borehole
This €3 million project is needed to address water leakage and drinking quality issues on the existing scheme and also to eliminate surface water intake, which can cause treatment costs to rise. A new water main and borehole will provide a supply of clean, safe drinking water to the areas of Templetney, Killurney, Graigue and Ballypatrick.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Secure water supply
- Improve drinking water quality
- Protect the quality of water in the Clashawley River
- Eliminate surface water intake
- Reduce water leakage
- Improve water pressure
What is involved in this project?
- Constructing 18.3km of new water mains
- Relining 0.1km of existing water mains
- Constructing 1.8km of sewers and rehabilitating 0.7km of existing sewers
- Drilling new borehole
- Templetney, Killurney, Graigue, Ballypatrick, Co. Tipperary
- Winter 2017
- €3 million