Clonmel Regional Water Supply Scheme
Irish Water has completed the construction of a new reservoir and water mains, which will benefit the northern parts of Clonmel Town and surrounding areas
Irish Water, working in partnership with Tipperary County Council, has completed the Clonmel Regional Water Supply Scheme North Storage project. This project included the construction of a new reservoir and over 4 kilometres of new water mains.
The project was needed to increase the security of the water supply for businesses and residents in North Clonmel. The water infrastructure had an insufficient level of storage capacity; however this project has now increased storage capacity with construction of the new reservoir. These works were carried out by John Cradock Limited on behalf of Irish Water.
What is involved as part of this project?
- 4,000m³ capacity reservoir in the townland of Giantsgrave
- Associated control building
- Associated site works including landscaping and security fencing
- New booster pumping station at Rathronan
- Approximately 4km of new water mains
What are the benefits of this project?
- Increase security of the drinking water supply to businesses and residents in North Clonmel and the surrounding area
- Safeguard the water supply to this area by increasing the level of storage capacity
- Support future growth and economic development in the area
- Improve water quality and water treatment standards
- Clonmel Co. Tipperary
- In Progress
- Winter 2019