Clonmel Regional Water Supply Scheme
Irish Water is working in partnership with Tipperary County Council to deliver the Clonmel Regional Water Supply Scheme North Storage.
Irish Water have signed a contract for the delivery of this project. John Craddock Limited will deliver this project on behalf of Irish Water. Works are due to commence in the coming weeks.
What is involved as part of this project?
- 4,000m³ capacity reservoir in the townland of Giantsgrave
- Associated control building
- Associated site works including landscaping and security fencing
- New booster pumping station at Rathronan
- Approximately 4km of new water mains
What are the benefits of this project?
- Provide a more reliable water supply
- Reduce disruptions in supply
- Reduce water leakage
- Improve drinking water quality
- Improve water pressure
- Improve efficiency and security of supply
- Reduce maintenance costs