Castlecomer, Urlingford & Stoneyford Wastewater Treatment Plants
This €3.7 million project is needed to upgrade the existing wastewater treatment plants at Castlecomer, Urlingford, and Stoneyford and to also build a new pumping station at Castlecomer to serve approx. 4,600 Population Equivalent (PE). The upgraded plants will improve and protect the watercourses receiving treated effluent and on completion, the new wastewater treatment plants will ensure that treated wastewater complies with EPA standards and regulations.
Location Castlecomer, Urlingford and Stoneyford, Co. Kilkenny
Investment €3.7 million
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve water quality of receiving watercourses
- Meet EPA standards
- Increase treatment capacity
- Allow for local population growth and economic development
What is involved in this project?
- Upgrading three wastewater treatment plants.
- Constructing a new pumping station.