Cape Clear Water Mains Rehab Project
Irish Water will invest approximately €4.3 million as part of the replacement and rehabilitation of 11.5km of old water mains on Cape Clear Island.
Upon completion, the water main replacement works will result in the saving of an estimated 11 million litres of water per year on Cape Clear. The replacement and rehabilitation of the existing water mains will also result in fewer burst mains, leaks, and disruptions to drinking water supply.
What are the benefits?
- Reduce water leakage
- Improve water supply
- Ensure long-term provision of drinking water
- Support tourist and economy
What is involved as part of this project?
- Rehabilitation of approximately 11.5km of aging water mains
- Installation and commissioning of 208 new service connections
- Installation of associated fittings, chambers and reinstatement of disturbed surfaces
- Cape Clear, Cork
- In Progress
- Winter 2019
- €4.3 million