Boyle Water Supply Scheme Extension
The project involves the extension of Boyle WSS (supplied by Rockingham Water Treatment Plant) to Grangemore, Co Roscommon.
The project involves the extension of Boyle WSS (supplied by Rockingham Water Treatment Plant) to Grangemore, Co Roscommon. Grangemore is currently served by the existing Cavetown Water Treatment Plant which is listed on the EPAs Remedial Action List for Trihalomethane exceedances and has been subject to boil water notices in the past.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improved drinking water quality
- Increased storage allowing current and future water demand to be met
- Removal from the EPA’s Remedial Action List
What is involved as part of this project?
- The construction a pumping station at Carrickmore reservoir
- Laying 4.7km of rising mains and inter-connecting water mains to extend the Boyle Water Supply Scheme to Grangemore
- The decommissioning of the existing Cavetown WTP
- This project is scheduled for completion in spring 2020
- Boyle, Co. Roscommon
- In Progress
- €2.4 million