Ballinasloe Water Treatment Plant Upgrades
Upgraded the water treatment plant to improve security of supply to 8,000 customers
Irish Water, working in partnership with Galway County Council, has completed upgrade works to the Ballinasloe Water Treatment Plant. The works were undertaken by Glan Agua Limited on our behalf. As a result of this €650,000 investment over 8,000 people in the Ballinasloe and surrounding area will benefit from a safer and more reliable water supply.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Safeguard water supply to customers supplied by the Ballinasloe Regional Water Supply Scheme.
- UV disinfection providing verified protection against Cryptosporidium contamination.
- Reduce maintenance costs.
- Improve water quality and treatment standards.
What is involved as part of this project?
- The provision of new and existing mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation equipment.
- The provision of two additional pressure filters, a Ultraviolet (UV) disinfection system, pipework and fittings, control and monitoring instrumentation and a SCADA system.
- The refurbishment of the existing plant and equipment.
- Ballinasloe, Galway