Back to the top
Ballbriggan Skerries Network Improvement Scheme
Irish Water is investing €8.5 million in the Ballbriggan Skerries Network Improvement Scheme
News and Updates
Rush Road Pump Station site
- Site entrance will be located off the R128 Holmpatrick and in operation from 7:00am – 7:00pm Monday to Friday.
Holmpatrick - opposite Skerries Rugby Club
- Tunneling pipeline works due to commence. This includes a two-way traffic flow system on a 24/7 basis. A traffic light controlled pedestrian crossing is also in place.
Millers Lane/Holmpatrick Junction
- Works are progressing under a one-way traffic flow system using four way controlled temporary traffic lights on a 24/7 basis.
Brookville Lane/Holmpatrick Junction
- Works are due to commence on the 23/04/2019 under a one-way traffic flow system using four way controlled temporary traffic lights on a 24/7 basis.
12 Acre Lane
- ESB ducting works have commenced and will progress towards Shenick Park/Ave. Traffic management will be in place during the works.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Accommodate an increase in the local population and will facilitate future growth in the area. This investment in sewer network will help meet the wastewater services needs for domestic and commercial customers in Skerries and the surrounding area
- Ensure treated wastewater complies with EPA standards and EU Legislation
- Reduce risk of pollution to the nearby watercourses and coastal areas
- Investing in the sewer network will reduce the ongoing maintenance cost associated with an aging network
What is involved as part of this project?
- Decommissioning and demolition of the existing Rush Road Pumping Station
- Construction of a new pumping station and adjacent storm storage tank on the existing Rush Road Pumping Station site
- Construction of approximately 670m of sewer along Holmpatrick Street to Rush Road Pumping Station
- Balbriggan and Skerries, Co. Dublin
- In Progress
- €8.5 million