Back to the top
Athea Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
Irish Water has signed a contract for the €1.5 million upgrade to Athea Wastewater Treatment Plant.
In conjunction with TES Group, Irish Water will commence works to upgrade the plant in the coming weeks.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Better health, integrity of the environment and improved water quality
- Improved water quality in the receiving waters
- Enhanced local amenities and a platform for social and economic development
What is involved as part of this project?
- A new wastewater treatment plant (WwTP) at the site of the existing treatment plant to cater for population equivalent of 900PE
- Upgrade works at the existing Athea pumping station
- Construction of 500m new sewer
- Athea, Co. Limerick