Athea Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
Irish Water has completed a €2 million upgrade to Athea Wastewater Treatment Plant
TES Group Limited has delivered this project on behalf of Irish Water’s Capital Programmes, with this project completed in Q3 of 2019. This project has upgraded and modernised several elements of the wastewater treatment process at the plant including the construction of a new wastewater treatment plant, which will increase the capacity at the plant, ensure compliance with the Wastewater Treatment Regulations.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve the performance of the wastewater treatment process at the plant
- Improve the sustainability of the plant through the installation of energy efficient equipment, reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions
- Ensure compliance with Urban Wastewater Treatment Regulations 2001
- Provide for growth and development in Athea and surrounding areas
What is involved as part of this project?
- A new wastewater treatment plant (WwTP) at the site of the existing treatment plant to cater for population equivalent of 900PE
- Upgrade works at the existing Athea pumping station
- Construction of 500m new sewer
- Athea, Co. Limerick