North East Roscommon Water Treatment Plant
This €7 million euro project included the design and construction of a new water treatment plant in Roscommon. As a result of this project 8,500 water consumers in the North Roscommon water supply area have now been removed from their Remedial Action List (RAL).
The North East Roscommon and Ballyleague Regional Water Supply Scheme serves a population of approx. 8,500 people in Co. Roscommon.
- Removal of 8,500 water consumers in the North Roscommon water supply area from the EPA’s Remedial Action List (RAL)
- Reduce Trihalomethanes (THMs) in the drinking water by introducing a coagulation treatment process
- Provide an interim UV cryptosporidium barrier to improve drinking water quality
- Ensure a sustainable supply of quality drinking water
- Installation of a temporary filtration and UV treatment system at the plant to improve drinking water until the new plant is completed
- Construction of a new water treatment plant with intake works, site and ancillary works and associated pipelines