Meath Disinfection Programme
The National Disinfection Programme ensures Meath will continue to have safe and secure drinking water. We have been working with Meath County Council to assess the water treatment plants in Meath.
Coffey Water Ltd is working on behalf of Irish Water to deliver the National Disinfection Project across the county.
To date, disinfection systems at 3 plants have been upgraded and standardised, with upgrades on-going at a number of other sites.
The sites upgraded include: Castletown, Enfield and Nobber
What is involved
The programme involves assessing the condition and performance of all the sites. We then determine the disinfection systems that need to be upgraded.
Works at the plants included upgrades to the:
Chemical storage and dosing infrastructure
Chlorine contact time provision systems
Disinfection systems using Ultra Violet (UV) where required
Monitoring instrumentation systems
Control, telemetry and automation processes
The upgrade works carried out as part of this project will:
- Improve the security of drinking water for residents and businesses
- Improve disinfection systems and standards
- Future-proof the security of supplies
- Provide improved control of the systems
- Ensure continued compliance with Drinking Water Quality Regulations