Malahide Water Supply Network Upgrade
Irish Water is progressing upgrade works as part of €21.7 million investment in the Howth, Malahide and Balbriggan Water Supply Schemes
Irish Water, working in partnership with Fingal County Council, recommenced works on Monday, May 18 2020, to improve the water supply for Malahide, Howth and the surrounding areas.
As part of this project, Irish Water will construct approximately 2.5 kilometres of water main between Swords and the Seamount Reservoir in Malahide. John Craddock Limited will be carrying out these works on behalf of Irish Water.
Irish Water is working proactively with our delivery partners and as part of a multi-agency working group to ensure that our construction works are carried out in a controlled and safe manner, in keeping with Government and HSE guidelines to protect workers, their families and the broader community.
News and Updates
Two week look-ahead for upcoming works in Malahide and Swords
|Location||Proposed Dates||Duration||Planned Works||Traffic Management|
|Swords/Malahide Road||6 - 17 July||10 days||Trial holing & road reinstatement||Shuttle Stop and Go System - Attached below|
|Malahide||6 - 17 July||-||No works planned||N/A|
- VMS Signage will be installed in Swords on the Malahide Road to advise motorists and stakeholders of the works.
- Shuttle Stop and Go Traffic Management and Road Narrows will be in place for these works
- Advanced traffic management warning signage will be in place and shared to AA Road Watch.
- Working areas will be kept to a minimum to minimise traffic congestion.
- Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times.
These works will be carried out in phases and limited to short sections to reduce impact to businesses and residents. All residents and businesses have been communicated with in relation to the works. Local access will be maintained at all times.
Malahide – There are no works scheduled in Malahide between 06 July to 17 July 2020. Works have progressed along the Back Road/The Hill Junction/Seamount Road/Seamount Drive with traffic flow moving well with the shuttle system in operation.
Swords - Site investigation and road reinstatement works are scheduled to commence in Swords on the Malahide Road on 06 July 2020. The project team will endeavour to keep you updated as the project progresses.
Location 1 Phase 1: Swords/Malahide Road - Traffic Management
Location 1 Phase 2: Swords/Malahide Road - Traffic Management
Location 2: Swords/Malahide Road - Traffic Management
Location 3: Swords/Malahide Road - Traffic Management
Location 4: Swords/Malahide Road - Traffic Management
Location 5: Swords/Malahide Road - Traffic Management
What is involved?
- As part of this project, Irish Water will construct approximately 2.5 kilometres of water main between Swords and the Seamount Reservoir in Malahide.
- Improve the security of the drinking water supply.
- Safeguard the water supply to this area.
What are the next steps?
It is planned that works will commence in Malahide in early March 2020. Works will involve the upgrading of water mains on:
- The Back Road
- The Bawn Grove
- Castlefield Manor Entrance
- R124, The Hill
- Seamount Road
- Seamount Drive
- Swords/Malahide Road
The Project Team will endeavour to keep you updated as the project progresses.