Malahide Water Supply Network Upgrade
Irish Water is investing €21.7 million in the Howth, Malahide and Balbriggan Water Supply Schemes
Irish Water, working in partnership with Fingal County Council, is carrying out works to improve the water supply for Malahide and the surrounding areas. The Malahide water supply scheme is served by the reservoir at Seamount, which is supplied by the Leixlip Water Treatment Plant and Ballycoolen Reservoir. The existing water mains between Swords and Seamount Reservoir are operating beyond capacity, resulting in interruptions to supply and is inadequate to meet potential growth and development in the area. This project will upgrade the water mains in order to meet the drinking water demand for Malahide and the surrounding areas. John Craddock Limited will be carrying out these works on behalf of Irish Water.
What is involved?
- As part of this project, Irish Water will construct approximately 2.5 kilometres of water main between Swords and the Seamount Reservoir in Malahide.
- Improve the security of the drinking water supply.
- Safeguard the water supply to this area.
What are the next steps?
It is planned that works will commence in Malahide in early March 2020. Works will involve the upgrading of water mains on:
- The Back Road
- The Bawn Grove
- Castlefield Manor Entrance
- R124, The Hill
- Seamount Road
- Seamount Drive
The Project Team will endeavour to keep you updated as the project progresses.
News and Updates
- All affected communities will be notified of works in advance through letter drops and local information evenings. Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times. Areas of work will be limited to short sections to minimise impact on customers.