Lough Egish Regional Water Supply Scheme
This investment of €4.5 million to upgrade Lough Egish Regional Water Supply will benefit approximately 12,000 consumers in Co Monaghan including Ballybay, Rockcorry and Castleblaney.
This project will involve the upgrade of the existing Kilkit Water Treatment Plant in Shantonagh and the intake and pumping station at Lough Bawn, together with associated site and ancillary works. Once completed the upgraded treatment plant will have an increased design output
- Deliver improved supply and water pressure
- Deliver improved security of supply
- Ensure compliance with current Drinking Water Quality Regulations
- Remove supplies from the Environmental Protection Agency’s Remedial Action List
- Significant operation savings following optimisation of the treatment process
- This project will address the elevated THM levels in the water supply to over 12,000 people. More information on THMs can be found on our Water Quality page
Works as part of the upgrade of the existing Kilkit Water Treatment Plant in Shatonagh and the intake and pumping station at Lough Bawn will commence in Spring 2017 and will take approximately 9 months to complete.
Irish Water will continue to provide updates as the project progresses and in advance of the works commencing. For more details, please see the Lough Egish press release.