Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme
This project will provide clean safe drinking water for businesses and residents in Letterkenny
Irish Water is working in partnership with Donegal County Council to deliver the Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme. The Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme has now been removed from the EPA's Remedial Action List as a result of this project.
Irish Water is working at this time, with our local authority partners, contractors and others to safeguard that the health and well-being of staff and the public and to ensure the continuity of drinking water and wastewater services.
N13 Letterkenny (Between Veagh and Manor Roundabout)
- Traffic management cones and signs will be in place in the N13 Letterkenny-bound hard shoulder between Veagh and Manor roundabouts from Tuesday, 2 June 2020.
- These works are to allow pressure testing of the water pipeline and to repair any leaks should they arise.
- The hard shoulder will be coned off at a few locations during these works.
- Two-way traffic will be maintained at all times.
- There will be a stop/go traffic management system in place on the R245 Milford to Cranford Road, Coopers Lane and on the L1212 Glen Road.
- These works are required to carry out preparation works for the permanent reinstatement at the above locations.
- Traffic management will commence on Tuesday, 2 June 2020.
- Local access will be maintained.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve drinking water quality
- Reduce disruptions to supply
- Improve security of supply
- Improve water pressure
What is involved?
- Letterkenny and Creeslough WTPs - includes new raw water main, trunk mains and local treated water mains
- Kilmacrenan to Letterkenny Water Main Rehabilitation
- Kilmacrenan to Coolboy (7km of pipeline) – constructed within the TII Road Realignment Scheme
- Cranford to Milford link
- Millford link to Rathmullan link
- Illies WTP link to Letterkenny (Carnamuggagh)
- Construction of three new pumping stations at Bohullion, Dunduffsfort and Milltown