Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme
This project will provide clean safe drinking water for businesses and residents in Letterkenny
Irish Water is working in partnership with Donegal County Council to deliver the Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme. Letterkenny RWSS is on the EPA's Remedial Action List for inadequate treatment, this project will address these issues.
News and Updates
Letterkenny to Veagh
- Traffic management will be in place on N13 Dual Carriageway between N13/N14 Manor Roundabout with two lanes open until 10.00am each day and then reduced to one lane after 10.00am.
Milford to Cranford
- A stop-go system will be in place on the R245 between Milford and Cranford at several alternating locations during the week.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve drinking water quality
- Reduce disruptions to supply
- Improve security of supply
- Improve water pressure
What is involved?
- Letterkenny and Creeslough WTPs - includes new raw water main, trunk mains and local treated water mains
- Kilmacrenan to Letterkenny Water Main Rehabilitation
- Kilmacrenan to Coolboy (7km of pipeline) – constructed within the TII Road Realignment Scheme
- Cranford to Milford link
- Millford link to Rathmullan link
- Illies WTP link to Letterkenny (Carnamuggagh)
- Construction of three new pumping stations at Bohullion, Dunduffsfort and Milltown