Knightstown Reservoir Water Supply Upgrade
Irish Water to invest over €300,000 to improve security of supply to benefit Knightstown village
Irish Water, working in partnership with Kerry County Council, is investing over €300,000 as part of the upgrade to the water supply infrastructure of Knightstown village on Valentia Island, Co. Kerry. This project will provide adequate storage and safeguard the security of water supply to the village and the surrounding area.
The works will be carried out by Shay Murtagh Precast Ltd. in conjunction with Kerry County Council and will take approximately 6 months to complete.
What is involved?
- Construction of a new 300m3 precast concrete storage reservoir along with a new access road and pipework to the new reservoir at Farranreagh, Knightstown
- Construct a pump station and kiosk to supply the new reservoir structure
- Provision of all other ancillary works, including pipework, valves, telemetry controls etc. during peak seasonal periods
- Safeguard a reliable water supply to Knightstown village and surrounding townlands on Valentia Island
- Ensure the areas has sufficient storage capacity, especially at peak tourist periods (June to August)
- Provide a safe, secure and sustainable source of drinking water to the areas
- It is planned that these works will commence within the coming weeks
- The Project Team will ensure that the local community is notified in advance of works commencing and provide contact details should they have any queries