Ballyragget and Ballyhale Wastewater Treatment Plants Upgrades
Upgrading the wastewater treatment plants across Kilkenny as part of over €600,000 investment
Irish Water, working in partnership with Kilkenny County Council, is investing over €600,000 to undertake essential upgrade works to wastewater treatment plants in towns and villages across Kilkenny. These improvement works include upgrades to the inlet works, storm water management and sludge treatment and storage at these plants.
As part of the project, upgrade works are proposed to be completed in Ballyragget and Ballyhale – Knocktoper wastewater treatment plants.
- Upgrade existing infrastructure at the plants and provide new elements where defects identified
- Improve the performance of the wastewater treatment process
- Prolong the operational life of the existing plants
- Reduce the risk of storm water flooding
- Ensure compliance with Urban Wastewater Treatment Regulations 2001
- Upgrade the inlet works at the plants, which includes the provision of new inlet screens, where applicable
- Upgrade the storm water holding tanks, where required
- Upgrade the sludge storage, thickening and dewatering facilities where required
- Works will be carried out within the footprint of the plants therefore minimising disruption to residents and businesses in the surrounding area