Enniscorthy Wastewater Treatment Plant
This €16.3 million project will upgrade the wastewater treatment facilities in Enniscorthy, an investment which will bring significant environmental and economic benefits to the area
Enniscorthy is one of the larger towns around Ireland where there is inadequate treatment of wastewater being discharged into waterways. This project will address these deficiencies and ensure that wastewater is fully treated and is compliant with all licence requirements and environmental regulations before being discharged into the River Slaney. It will also provide the additional capacity to allow for future economic and population growth in the Enniscorthy area.
- Improved environment for local residents
- Improved effluent quality
- Compliance with Wastewater Discharge Licence Regulations
What is involved?
- The upgrade and expansion of the existing Enniscorthy Wastewater Treatment Plant
- The decommissioning of the existing Kilagoley wastewater treatment plant
- Extensive upgrade work to three pumping stations, construction of a new foul sewer and sewer rehabilitation works