Back to the top
Dunmore East Sewerage Scheme
This project was delivered as part of a €24 million investment in Waterford and has stopped untreated effluent being discharged into Dunmore Bay, improving water quality. Dunmore East village is a popular tourist destination and fishing village.
- Provided better health and integrity of the environment.
- Improved water quality in Dunmore Bay
- The new infrastructure has facilitated future growth of Dunmore East and has acted as a platform for social, economic and tourism development.
- Ensured compliance with EU regulations relating to the treatment of wastewater.
What was involved?
- Construction of a new Wastewater Treatment Plant in Dunmore East.
- Upgrade to the wastewater collection infrastructure.