Drinking Water Storage - Galway
Irish Water is progressing projects to construct new reservoirs in Gort, Kilkerrin/Moylough, Letterfrack and Tír an Fhia in order to increase the security of the water supply to these areas. These new reservoirs will increase treated water storage capacity to 24 hour storage.
These proposed projects involve the construction of a new covered reservoir on or adjacent to the existing water treatment plant sites. These new reservoir will ensure there is adequate treated water storage in order to safely and securely supply for over 6,700 people across Galway. Covered reservoirs eliminate any potential re-contamination of the treated water following water treatment.
- Improved security of water supply
- Improved drinking water quality
- Construction of new reservoirs at Gort, Kilkerrin/Moylough, Letterfrack and Tír an Fhia
- Construction of additional ancillary buildings on existing site
- Additional pumping and electronic equipment
- Additional onsite fuel storage facilities
News and Updates
- Irish Water has submitted planning applications to Galway County Council for new reservoirs in Gort, Kilkerrin/Moylough, Letterfrack and Tír an Fhia.