Donegal Countywide Sewer Upgrade Project
Irish Water is upgrading the sewer network across Donegal as part of a €4 million investment to the Northwest Region
As part of the €4m investment to the Northwest Region, Irish Water, working in partnership with Donegal County Council, is upgrading the sewer networks in towns and villages across Donegal. McAllister Group Limited is working on behalf of Irish Water to deliver this project.
As part of the project, upgrade works are scheduled to be undertaken in Ballybofey, Stranorlar, Buncrana, Carrigart, Downings, Killea, Kilmacrennan, Lifford, Milford, Mountcharles, Ramelton, Raphoe and Saint Johnston. The works are currently on-going and are scheduled for completion in late 2019.
- Address the structural defects of the sewers
- Reduce the likelihood of sewer collapses and blockages
- Reduce potential sewer flooding and odour issues
- Improve the performance level of the sewer network
- Cleaning the sewer network in order to undertake an accurate inspection and removed any blockages caused by inappropriate items such as wet wipes, cotton pads, fat, oils and greases etc
- Issues through the ‘Think Before You Flush’ and ‘Think Before You Pour’ campaigns
- Undertaking CCTV surveys of the sewer networks to determine their condition and the extent of any defects
- Repairing any defects in the existing sewer through the installation of plastic liners and associated repair works