Donabate Water Main Upgrade Project
Irish Water, working in partnership with Fingal County Council, is investing € 2.3 million to upgrade the water mains in Donabate, County Dublin
This project involves the extension of the water network to the area by installing a new trunk main along the western end of Hearse Road and also along the new Donabate Link Road. GMC Utilities Group Limited is working on behalf of Irish Water to deliver this project.
- Safe guard the water supply to the Donabate area
- Provide a clean, reliable and safe water supply to the area
- Allow for new connections to the network as population grows
- Upgrade of the water network to the Donabate area
- Capacity for 3,000 new housing units
- 6km of new trunk main between Lisenhall junction and Donabate east
Details of Programme of Works
- As part of the project, a new 2.5 km water main is to be constructed along the R126 Hearse Road, with works scheduled to commence along the on Monday 1 July 2019 and are expected to be completed in December 2019.
- These essential upgrades will require the closure of the western end of the R126 Hearse Road to facilitate the construction of the water main.
- These works will be undertaken at night from 8:00pm – 6:00am to minimise the disruption to residents and businesses from the road closure.
- Traffic diversion plans are to be implemented to minimise any impacts from road closures and diversion signage will be in place.
- Irish Water has been working in consultation with Fingal County Council to ensure that the works are undertaken in a manner to minimise traffic disruption to the area.
- The Project Team will work closely with businesses and residents to minimise any potential disruption to traffic or local water supplies.
- Every effort will be made to minimise noise and traffic disruption during these works and we apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused due to these necessary works.