Crolly Water Treatment Plant Upgrade
Upgrading the Crolly Water Treatment Plant to benefit over 12,500 customers
Irish Water, working in partnership with Donegal County Council, is investing over €1.85 million to upgrade the existing water treatment plant in Crolly, Co. Donegal. The project is currently ongoing with works expected to be completed by Q3 of 2020.
This project will improve the drinking water treatment standards at the water treatment plant and will benefit over 12,500 people in Northwest Donegal supplied by the Rosses Regional Public Supply Scheme. These works are being carried out by the TES Group Limited on our behalf.
- Ensure compliance with current Drinking Water Regulations
- Improve water treatment standards
- Safeguard the water supply to customers supplied by the Rosses Regional Public Supply Scheme
- Improve drinking water quality
- Upgrade the existing water treatment plant to provide a more advanced automated treatment process
- Upgrade the existing flocculation and coagulation processes at the plant
- Install turbidity monitors, pumps, air blowers, sand filters and upgrade the pipework within the plant
- Provide additional chemical storage capacity and a new control building