Clonroadmore Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
This €5.2 million investment saw the upgrade of the Clonroadmore Wastewater Treatment Plant
The old plant served Ennis Town and operated above capacity, resulting in the plant being severely overloaded with only 30% of the wastewater it receives being treated. The remaining 70% of untreated effluent was being discharged directly into the River Fergus. The upgraded wastewater treatment plant treats all wastewater it receives to EPA standards, protecting the River Fergus and allowing for future population growth and development in the area.
- Ensure effluent is treated to a high standard that complies with EPA standards
- Reduce risk of pollution to the River Fergus
- Allow for future population growth and economic development
- Increasing the capacity of the plant from 17,000 population equivalent (PE) to 30,500 (PE). This will allow all wastewater to be fully treated in compliance with EPA standards.
- Installing preliminary treatment facilities at Tulla Road and Francis Street Pumping Stations. These facilities will help ensure a higher quality of wastewater being discharged from the Clonroadmore Wastewater Treatment Plant into the River Fergus.