Clarendon Street, Dublin Sewer Upgrades
Undertaking essential upgrades to the old Victorian Sewer
Irish Water, working in partnership with Dublin City Council, is undertaking essential upgrade works to the Dublin City sewer network at Clarendon Street.
Essential maintenance and rehabilitation of the underlying old Victorian Sewer is required as part of this project. This includes cleaning the sewer to remove debris and relining the structural defects of the sewer. GMC Sierra Limited is working on our behalf to deliver this project.
Contact details for further information
For further information or queries regarding the works, customers can contact our Project Team on 1890 462 000.
- Address the structural defects of the old Victorian Sewers
- Reduce the likelihood of sewer collapses and blockages
- Reduce potential sewer flooding and odour issues
- Improve the performance level of the sewer network
- Works are due to commence on Monday 25 March 2019 and are expected to be completed in early May
- The works area will extend approximately 100 metres from the junction of Clarendon Street and Wicklow Street to the junction of Clarendon Street and Coppinger Row
- These works will be undertaken during evenings and overnight In order to mitigate any impact to residents or businesses, with only minor traffic disruption anticipated
- The majority of the works will take place underground, therefore noise will be minimal
- Access to properties and businesses will be unaffected by the works as the work crew will demobilise from the works area each morning