Bunratty Road, Coolock water mains replacement
Replacement of ageing water mains in the Bunratty Road area of Coolock, Dublin 17 to provide a more reliable water supply and reduce high levels of leakage
The works involve the replacement of 2.5 kilometres of old cast iron water mains with high density polyethylene (plastic) pipes in the Bunratty Road area, Dublin 17. The works are scheduled to commence in early November 2019 and are part of Irish Water’s National Leakage Reduction Programme.
The works will take place along Bunratty Road, Adare Green, Bunratty Drive, and Coolock Drive. The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers’ property boundaries and connecting it to the customers’ water supply. The works will be carried out on behalf of Irish Water by GMC Utilities Group Ltd. and are expected to be completed in February 2020.
A Reliable Water Supply
Replacement of water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers and local businesses in the area
- Replacement of water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground
Improved Operation and Maintenance
- These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future
Affects of works
- Areas of work will be limited to short sections to minimise impact on customers. Traffic management will be in place during this time. Local and emergency traffic will be maintained at all times.
- The works may involve some short-term water shut offs and the project team will ensure that customers are given a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to any planned water shut offs.
- We understand that this type of work can be inconvenient and works crews will make every effort to minimise any disruption these necessary works cause.
Residents and businesses in the areas to benefit from the planned improvements have been notified directly and customers can phone Irish Water on 1850 278 278 if they have any questions about the project.
Irish Water regrets any inconvenience these necessary water network improvements may cause. Details of any supply interruptions associated to this project will be updated regularly on the Water Supply Updates section of the Irish Water website.