Back to the top
Water Supply Scheme
Barrow Water Supply Scheme Area Extension
Increasing the security and resilience of the drinking water supply for Kildare and the Greater Dublin Area.
Irish Water is extending the water supply from Srowland WTP.
Ballymore Eustace WTP
- Support future growth and development in Naas and the surrounding area.
- Decrease the dependence in Kildare on the River Liffey water supply.
- Increase the resilience of the drinking water supply to businesses and residents in the Greater Dublin Area (GDA).
- Result in an increase in supply of up to 18 million litres per day (Mld) of drinking water for homes and businesses to the GDA. This is equivalent to enough water for almost 140,000 people.
- Construct 3km of water main between Killashee and Naas via the Rathasker Road.
- Construct two new booster pump stations at Brannockstown and Carnalway to facilitate the transfer of water from the Old Kilcullen reservoir towards Ballymore Eustace Water Treatment Plan
- Upgrade the pipework connections and controls and telemetry at Ballymore Eustace Water Treatment Plant and Old Kilcullen Reservoir.
Works Completed and Next Steps
- Irish Water recently appointed David Walsh Civil Engineering Limited to complete the project.
- Some advanced works were completed in June 2020. The main programme of construction works are scheduled to commence in mid-September 2020, with works commencing in Brannockstown.
- It is expected that the project will be completed in Q2 2021. We will endeavour to provide updates as this project progresses