Bandon Water Main & Sewer Network Upgrade Project
Irish Water is investing €14 million in the Bandon Water Main & Sewer Network Upgrade Project
Works on the Bandon Water Main and Sewer Upgrade Project are continuing in accordance with the current Level 5 Covid 19 restrictions.
Irish Water is working proactively with our delivery partners and as part of a multi-agency working group to ensure that our construction works are carried out in a controlled and safe manner, in keeping with Government and HSE guidelines to protect workers, their families and the broader community.
- Will improve the water and sewer network in Bandon
- Will reduce leakage in Bandon
- Provision for future growth within the Bandon area
- Replacement of 10kms aging water mains with a high frequency of burst and high rate of leakage
- Upgrading over 5kms of sewer network
- Replacement of all lead and copper communications pipes crossed or otherwise encountered during the construction works and replacement with polyethylene pipe
- Provision of a combined sewer underneath the bed of the St. Patrick’s Place Culvert on the Bridewell River from New Road along St. Patrick’s Place to Market Quay
- Removal of combined sewer overflows
Details of upcoming and on-going works:
|Location||Start Dates||Duration||Planned Works||Traffic Management|
Numerous locations in the town
|Starting 4 January 2021||4 weeks||Snagging works on manholes||Stop and Go|
|Pearse Street||Starting 4 January 2021||8 weeks||Watermain construction||
|New Road||Starting 4 January 2021||12 weeks||Sewer and Watermain Construction||Stop and Go|
The works on Pearse Street recommenced on 04 January 2021. A section of a historic round tower was encountered during the works which has delayed the works. The pipeline route has been relocated as a result of the historic round tower.
The planned works included the construction of a new sewer on Pearse Street.
These works will be carried out under a full road closure. Please see the traffic management plan below.
Parking will not be permitted on Pearse Street for duration of the works, with parking restrictions also required on Bridge Street.
These works will take 8 weeks.
Please Note: The Temporary seating area at Bridge Lane will need to be removed to allow traffic to flow for the duration of works on Pearse Street.
Works on the construction of the new sewer and watermain along New Road recommenced on 04 January 2021. Initial works included the tie in of pipes to Church Lane South.
A stop and go system is required to facilitate these works. Local access will be maintained where possible.
Parking may be restricted in the area due to the works. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
These works will take 12 weeks.
For updates on the works please visit the Bandon Project page.
Ward and Burke Construction Ltd. has a full time Community Liaison Officer on the contract who is available to address any concerns in relation to these works.
Contact details: Carol Harris 086 1449548 or email@example.com.