Bandon Water Main & Sewer Network Upgrade Project
Irish Water is investing €14 million in the Bandon Water Main & Sewer Network Upgrade Project
Works on the Bandon Water Main and Sewer Upgrade Project are continuing in accordance with the current Level 5 Covid 19 restrictions.
- Will improve the water and sewer network in Bandon
- Will reduce leakage in Bandon
- Provision for future growth within the Bandon area
- Replacement of 10kms aging water mains with a high frequency of burst and high rate of leakage
- Upgrading over 5kms of sewer network
- Replacement of all lead and copper communications pipes crossed or otherwise encountered during the construction works and replacement with polyethylene pipe
- Provision of a combined sewer underneath the bed of the St. Patrick’s Place Culvert on the Bridewell River from New Road along St. Patrick’s Place to Market Quay
- Removal of combined sewer overflows
Details of upcoming and on-going works:
|Location||Start Dates||Duration||Planned Works||Traffic Management|
Numerous locations in the town
|Started February 2021||12 weeks||
Snagging works including footpath works, tie ins, manhole works etc.
|Stop and Go|
|North Main Street||10 - 15 May 2021||5 nights||Permanent reinstatement||Road Closure|
North Main Street:
Permanent reinstatement is necessary on Emmet Row, Kilbrogan Hill Lower and section of North Main Street. These works will require a road closure to facilitate the works. Local access will be maintained where possible, and a diversion will be in place. Please see traffic management plans below. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Works will be carried out over five nights, from Monday 10 May to Saturday 15 May 2021.
Timing of works:
Works will start at 7.00pm and finish at 7.00am.
For updates on the works please visit the Bandon Project page.
Ward and Burke Construction Ltd. has a full time Community Liaison Officer on the contract who is available to address any concerns in relation to these works.
Contact details: Carol Harris 086 1449548 or email@example.com.