Balbriggan Water Supply Scheme
Works are progressing to upgrade 5.7km of water mains to increase security water supply for local residents and businesses in Balbriggan
The Balbriggan Water Supply Scheme (WSS) serves a population of 24,200 via the Kilsough. Reservoir. The existing water main between Jordanstown and Kilsough Reservoir is operating beyond its capacity resulting in interruptions to supply and is inadequate to meet potential growth in the Water Supply Zone. Works are ongoing to upgrade the capacity of the water main system to meet current and future water supply demands in Balbriggan.
News and updates
Two Week Look-Ahead for upcoming works on the R132
|Proposed Dates||Duration||Planned Works|
|Kilsough||2 June – 5 June||4 days||Commissioning and hardware|
|R132||2 June- 5 June||4 days||Manhole works|
Advanced traffic management warning signage will be in place and shared to AA Road Watch. These works will be carried out in phases to reduce impact to businesses and residents. Local access will be maintained at all times. Working areas will be kept to a minimum to minimise traffic congestion.
Continued communications with residents and businesses in the area. Access maintained.
Traffic flow has worked well.
What is involved?
- These works involve the upgrade of 5.7 km of water mains.
- Works are ongoing on the R132 towards Balbriggan and are scheduled to complete by 2021.
- Stop/go traffic management will remain in place until works are complete. These works are being undertaken alongside works in Howth and Malahide worth an overall invest of €21.7 million investment in Water Supply Schemes across Fingal
- Support economic and social development the area
- Reducing leakage
- Improve security of supply