Adare Sewer Extension Project
Irish Water, in partnership with Limerick City and County Council, is extending an existing sewer in Adare, Co. Limerick
Irish Water, working in partnership with Limerick City and County Council is carrying out the Adare Sewer Extension project. Shareridge Ltd. is working on behalf of Irish Water to deliver this project.
This project will extend an existing sewer for 365m from Adare Main St. southbound on the N21, which will reduce capacity issues in the area and improve operational performance.
- In order to minimise disruption to traffic flows, diversions will be in place for the duration of the works.
- A stop go system will be in place at the location of the works with vehicle triggered traffic lights in operation outside of working hours. Traffic flow is therefore maintained in Adare however diversions to and from Limerick are recommended.
- The traffic management plan will be assessed throughout the duration of the works.
- Diversion indicated in Newcastle West.
- Vehicles to take R518 to Rourkes Cross Junction and proceed on N20 in the direction of Limerick.
Supplementary Eastbound Diversion
- Diversion indicated at N21 eastbound slipway at Rathkeale directing traffic to the R518 toward Askeaton.
- Vehicles to take the L1250 to N69 and N69 to Limerick/N18 Dock Road Interchange/M20 Rossbrien Interchange.
(Note: Roadworks will also be ongoing on the N69 at Kilcornan in this time period.)
- Diversion indicated at the at the N20/M20 Attyflin Interchange.
- Vehicles to take N20/R518 toward Rourkes Cross Junction and proceed on N21/R520 in direction of Newcastlewest.
We apologise for any inconvenience that my be caused due to these necessary rehabilitation works.
Details of the project
- The traffic management plan has been prepared in advance of any works taking place in association with Limerick City and County Council and An Garda Síochána.
- This project will facilitate the extension of an existing sewer from Main Street Adare approx 365m south bound on the N21 with polysewer (PVCu) piping.
- This proposed development is being advanced to reduce capacity issues in the area and improve operational performance.
- Traffic diversion plans are to be implemented to minimise any impacts from road closures.
- The works have been scheduled to commence week beginning 27 January 2020 and continue for 12 weeks.
For further information regarding the works please contact the Project Team on 1850 278 278.