23 October 2018 Go back to News
Works to tackle leakage and provide a more secure supply underway on the Glanmire Road in Cork
Lower Glanmire Road to partially close at night time during mid-term to facilitate essential works
Works to tackle leakage and provide a more secure and robust water supply for thousands of Cork customers is underway in the Lower Glanmire Road area.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Cork City Council is laying 1.6km of pipeline. These works are associated with the development of the Eastern Strategic Link watermain which will ensure a more secure supply for the city by providing the capacity to re-route supply from other areas in the event of a large burst or other unplanned incident.
Ward and Burke Construction Limited is working on behalf of Irish Water to deliver this phase of the project.
During the midterm break the Lower Glanmire road will be closed at night to facilitate these essential works. The night time road closure will be in place from the junction of Water Street to Ferry Boat House from Monday the 29th October until Sunday 04th November. Signage and local diversions will be in place. The road will reopen during the day.
Road Closure Times
The road closure times granted by Cork City Council in conjunction with An Garda Síochána are as follows:
- Monday 29th October from 10.00pm until 6.00am
- Tuesday 30th October from 10.00pm until 6.00am
- Wednesday 31st October from 10.00pm until 6.00am
- Thursday 01st November from 10.00pm until 6.00am
- Friday 02nd November from 10.00pm until 8.00am
- Saturday 03rd November from 10.00pm until 8.00am
- Sunday 04th November from 10.00pm until 6.00am