- The first stage of the repair is complete. This is the first stage in the process.
- Careful management of water entering the water main is taking place.
- The flow and pressure of the water is increased gradually to test the pipe.
- As the reservoirs fill it is anticipated that supply begin to be restored to customers over the coming days beginning on Thursday. It may take several days for full service to be restored to all particularly those on high ground and at the edge of the network.
- Preliminary view of longer term replacement of the 2.2km pipeline suggests a timeframe of at least 18 months and a budget of €2-3m will be needed to complete the work.
- A detailed programme for complete replacement will take a number of weeks to finalise and we will need to undertake detailed planning and design work before we can be confident around the exact timeframe for this to happen
- All temporary water locations around Louth continue to be manned and replenished.
- Permanent supply has been maintained in the following priority areas of Drogheda. Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda & Commercial centre in Drogheda town in the Mell area, Donore Road, Marley’s Lane, Cement Road, Ballsgrove, Marian Park, Crosslanes, and some adjoining estates in the vicinity of these locations.
- All areas in Clogherhead now have mains water supply with the exception of the Strand Hill area which has a temporary tank supply in place at the entrance to the Stand Hill housing estate.
- Vulnerable customers around Drogheda, Clogherhead and Termonfeckin continue to be supplied on milk round basis coordinated by Louth County Council Community Section assisted by Civil Defence and Community Groups.
- A rolling water supply is in place in Drogheda Town Centre in the following areas.
9.00 am - 11.30 am (View map of area covered) :
- Laurences Park
- Dublin Road and Donore Industrial Estate
3.00 pm - 6.00 pm (View map of area covered) :
- Collon Rd
- North Quay to Termonfeckin Rd
- Ashfield (1pm)
- Hardmans Gardens (Golden Bowl) – supplement Lourdes Hospital
- Cord Road
- Marleys Lane
- Rathmullan Road
- Ballymackenny Rd
Stationary Tankers in Louth:
- Marleys Lane
- Termon Abbey
- Termon Abbey Aston Village
- Platin Road
- Rathmullen Park
- Termonfeckin School
Standpipes can be found at:
- Bothar Bruagha
- Harmons Gardens
- Shop St/North Quay
- Mell Church
- Marley Court
- Donore Road (at Costa Coffee)
There are a total of 26 Bulk Water Containers stationed at the following 11 locations. Water is available over a 24 hour period at the locations below.
- Wheaton Hall Shops
- Bryanstown, St Mary’s School
- Shrewsburry Manner
- Newtown Meadows
- Boyne Business Park
- Harmony Heights
- College Rise
- Forest Park
- Newfield Estate
- Brookeville Estate
Irish Water, Louth Co Co and Meath Co Co are conducting an assessment of their existing storage volumes and are coordinating a plan for the next 36 hours. Further update on this to follow.
- A limited mains water supply is now available in the following main urban centres in east and south east Meath (during daylight hours):
Mains water supply to Southern parts of Ashbourne
Mains water supply to Kilbride
Mains water supply to parts of Ratoath
Mains water supply to the Donacarney and Grangerath areas from approximately mid-day.
Bottled water is being distributed to vulnerable customers
In East Meath stations are located across the network at the following locations:
- Duleek: 3 (Church) 2 (St Cianans Villas) 1 (Industrial Estate) - Fire Service
- Knockcommon/Rathdrinagh: 1 (National School))
- Rossnaree: 1 (Church))
- Ashbourne: 2 (Race hill)
- Donore: 1 (Church)
- Lagavoreen: 1 (Entrance to Housing Estate)
- Grange Rath: 2 (Entrance to Housing Estate)
- Ratoath: 2 (National School Fairyhouse Road ) 2 ( St Paul’s School) - ( Nursing Home Town Centre)
- Stamullen: 2 ( Church )
- Clonalvey: 1 (Church)
- Ardcath: 1 (Church)
- Kilmoon: 1 (Snailbox Carpark)
- Curragha: 1 (Church)
- Skryne: 1 (GAA Pitch)
- Kentstown: 1 (Londis Car park)
- Ashbourne Town : 1 Community Centre - 1 Retail Park - 1 Supervalu Carpark
- Bettystown : 1 (Tesco Carpark)
- Donecarney : 1 (Church)
- Colaiste Na Hinse Secondary School : 1
- Mornington: 1 (Harrys Shop)
- Kilbride: 2 (Church)
- Drogheda:Deepforde Hsg Estate
- Drogheda:Highlands Hsg Estate
- Rathfeigh : National School 1