26 July 2017 Go back to News
Update on Outage in Louth and East and South East Meath, 8:30pm Wednesday, 26 July
- The first stage of the repair is complete.
- Reservoir levels are continuing to slowly fill.
- The Staleen Water Treatment Plant is now back in production.
- Careful management of water entering the water main is taking place.
- Preliminary view of longer term replacement of the 2.2km pipeline suggests a timeframe of at least 18 months and a budget of €2-3m will be needed to complete the work.
- A detailed programme for complete replacement will take a number of weeks to finalise and we will need to undertake detailed planning and design work before we can be confident around the exact timeframe for this to happen.
- All temporary water locations around Louth continue to be manned and replenished.
- Permanent supply has been maintained in the following priority areas of Drogheda. Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda & Commercial centre in Drogheda town in the Mell area, Donore Road, Marley’s Lane, Cement Road, Ballsgrove, Marian Park, Crosslanes, and some adjoining estates in the vicinity of these locations.
- All areas in Clogherhead now have mains water supply with the exception of the Strand Hill area which has a temporary tank supply in place at the entrance to the Stand Hill housing estate.
- Vulnerable customers around Drogheda, Clogherhead and Termonfeckin continue to be supplied on milk round basis coordinated by Louth County Council Community Section assisted by Civil Defence and Community Groups.
- A rolling water supply is remains in place in Drogheda Town Centre and will be reviewed on Thursday morning.
Stationary Tankers in Louth:
- Marleys Lane
- Termon Abbey
- Termon Abbey Aston Village
- Platin Road
- Rathmullen Park
- Termonfeckin School
Standpipes can be found at:
- Bothar Bruagha
- Harmons Gardens
- Shop St/North Quay
- Mell Church
- Marley Court
- Donore Road (at Costa Coffee)
There are a total of 26 Bulk Water Containers stationed at the following 11 locations. Water is available over a 24 hour period at the locations below.
- Wheaton Hall Shops
- Bryanstown, St Mary’s School
- Shrewsbury Manner
- Newtown Meadows
- Boyne Business Park
- Harmony Heights
- College Rise
- Forest Park
- Newfield Estate
- Brookeville Estate
- A limited mains water supply is now available in the following main urban centres in east and south east Meath (during daylight hours):
- Mains water supply to Southern parts of Ashbourne
- Mains water supply to Kilbride
- Mains water supply to parts of Ratoath
- A limited mains water supply will return to the Donacarney and Grangerath areas for a period this evening. The limited mains water supply will cease during night-time hours in order to allow reservoirs to replenish.
- Bottled water is being distributed to vulnerable customers
In East Meath stations are located across the network at the following locations:
- Duleek: 3 (Church) 2 (St Cianans Villas) 1 (Industrial Estate) - Fire Service
- Knockcommon/Rathdrinagh: 1 (National School))
- Rossnaree: 1 (Church))
- Ashbourne: 2 (Race hill)
- Donore: 1 (Church)
- Lagavoreen: 1 (Entrance to Housing Estate)
- Grange Rath: 2 (Entrance to Housing Estate)
- Ratoath: 2 (National School Fairyhouse Road ) 2 ( St Paul’s School) - ( Nursing Home Town Centre)
- Stamullen: 2 ( Church )
- Clonalvey: 1 (Church)
- Ardcath: 1 (Church)
- Kilmoon: 1 (Snailbox Carpark)
- Curragha: 1 (Church)
- Skryne: 1 (GAA Pitch)
- Kentstown: 1 (Londis Car park)
- Ashbourne Town : 1 Community Centre - 1 Retail Park - 1 Supervalu Carpark
- Bettystown : 1 (Tesco Carpark)
- Donecarney : 1 (Church)
- Colaiste Na Hinse Secondary School : 1
- Mornington: 1 (Harrys Shop)
- Kilbride: 2 (Church)
- Drogheda:Deepforde Hsg Estate
- Drogheda:Highlands Hsg Estate
- Rathfeigh : National School 1