Uisce Éireann urges Achill customers to continue conserving water and fixing leaks while upgrades to the water treatment plant continue
24 November 2020
Uisce Éireann and Mayo County Council are continuing to work in partnership to make operational adjustments to the Achill Water Treatment Plant and distribution network to ensure all customers receive a continuous daily supply of water. We are grateful to our customers for your continued patience and cooperation.
There are a number of things customers can do to help this process:
- Notify the Uisce Éireann customer care helpline which is open 24/7 if you are out of water on 1800 278 278. It is important you log your issue directly with Uisce Éireann so we are aware of an outage when it occurs, what area and how many customers are affected.
- If you see a leak on the public side please report it to Uisce Éireann’s customer care team on the above number or on the Report a Leak section of the Uisce Éireann website.
- While handwashing remains a priority, simple water conservation efforts can have a big impact on reducing demand on the supply. Turning off the tap while brushing your teeth and shaving can save up to 6 litres of water per minute. Taking a shower instead of a bath or using a watering can rather than a hose when gardening can also make a big difference in water use. There are lots more tips on how to conserve water in your home and business on the Conservation section of the Uisce Éireann website.
- We are also reminding people with responsibility for properties that are currently unoccupied to check for leaks and turn off water where it is not required.
- If there is a leak in your property please fix it. Customers are urged to avail of the First Fix Free scheme if you have a leak on the external supply pipe on your property.
You are eligible for the First Fix Free scheme if you are a domestic customer with:
- A confirmed leak on your external supply pipe;
- A water meter installed on your property;
- Are registered with Uisce Éireann;
- Have a working and accessible inside stop valve;
You can register on the First Fix Free section of the Uisce Éireann website, or by calling 1800 278 278.