Finance Graduate Programme 2023 - 2026
Irish Water is launching a Finance Specialist Programmes open to graduates from a Finance related discipline looking to complete a professional accountancy qualification whilst also working on varied projects and gaining industry experience
About Irish Water
Irish Water is Ireland’s national regulated water utility and is responsible for providing water and wastewater services throughout Ireland. Our vision is a sustainable Ireland where water is respected and protected, for the planet and all the lives it supports. We rise to the challenge of delivering transformative water services that enables communities to thrive.
At Irish Water, we have exciting plans for the next five years, including a €5bn programme of Capital Investment. This is where we need ambitious and talented graduates like you to join our organisation and help us as we deliver transformative Water Services to all communities in Ireland.
Applications for the 2023 Irish Water Finance Graduate Programme are open to graduates from business and finance disciplines. This is a 3-year programme where you will have a unique opportunity to work on varied projects via a number of 8-month planned rotations across different Finance teams in Irish Water, whilst also working towards your professional accountancy qualifications.
The Finance function supports Irish Water in the delivery of its strategic goals and ambitions by supporting target setting, performance reporting and provision of a robust control environment.
As a participant, you will gain a wide range of industry experience working in many areas ofFinance including:
- Management and financial reporting (IFRS)
- Business partnering
- Financial planning and analysis
- Governance, risk and assurance
- A recent/prospective graduate with a minimum 2:1 (NFQ level 8) in a business or accounting discipline
- Willing to pursue a professional accountancy qualification (e.g. ACCA, CIMA)
- A natural problem solver with strong attention to detail, who relishes working in diverse teams and has strong communication skills
- Someone who processes deep levels of integrity and ethical values
- Strong IT Skills
- Enthusiastic, curious, and ambitious
- You must be eligible to work in Ireland for the duration of the programme
- Financial and practical support to achieve an accountancy qualification (e.g. ACCA/CIMA)
- Industry experience in Ireland’s largest infrastructure delivery company
- Well-rounded perspective across all Finance functions, gaining expertise in the regulated utility sector, commercial semi state operations and IFRS reporting
- Practical on-the-job training, experience using several IT applications (Oracle eBusiness, Oracle Projects, Core HR, Oracle CC&B etc.) and a structured induction and training development roadmap
- Hybrid working is available to graduates who are resident in the Republic of Ireland
- Access to a community where everyone works collaboratively to fulfil their fullest potential and to reach their goals
- On successful completion of the 3-year programme, a range of positions will be available within Irish Water to progress your career further
- A competitive benefits package
For more information please see the Graduates Hub here.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a 1-day Assessment Centre in December. The programme will commence in September 2023
Committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace with a robust strategy and framework to enable this, Irish Water is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from interested and suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, member of traveller community, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability