Uisce Éireann Engineering Graduate Programme 2023 - 2025
We need ambitious and talented graduates like you to join our organisation and help us as we deliver transformative Water Services to all communities in Ireland.
About Uisce Éireann
Uisce Éireann is Ireland’s national regulated water utility and is responsible for providing water and wastewater services throughout Ireland. Our vision is a sustainable Ireland where water is respected and protected, for the planet and all the lives it supports. We rise to the challenge of delivering transformative water services that enables communities to thrive.
Engineering Graduate Programme
At Uisce Éireann, we have exciting plans for the next five years, including a €5bn programme of Capital Investment. This is where we need ambitious and talented graduates like you to join our organisation and help us as we deliver transformative Water Services to all communities in Ireland. Applications for the 2023 Uisce Éireann Engineering Graduate Programme are open to graduates with an Engineering degree (all disciplines).
As a participant on this specialist programme, you will have an opportunity to benefit from rotations in the engineering space that will allow you to build up knowledge in the water and wastewater services industry and learn from industry experts.
- You will complete three eight-month rotations in an engineering workstream (Asset Management, Infrastructure Delivery and Asset Operations) to build up expertise as a water engineer
- This is supported by a structured learning and development roadmap, including on-going mentoring and on the job learning
- In addition, for graduates looking to undertake further study and complete a Masters (NFQ Level 9), there is an option to study part-time for two years, funded by Uisce Éireann. This L9 qualification will support your application for Chartership with Engineers Ireland
On successful completion of this 2-year programme, a number of permanent positions will be available within Uisce Éireann.
As a participant on the programme, you will gain invaluable experience working across a breadth of water engineering areas from operational delivery to working on some of the largest infrastructure projects in Ireland. This includes:
- Strategic and asset management planning
- Project Planning
- Project and asset investment
- Project Delivery
- Operational experience of running water and wastewater treatment plants
- Process Optimisation
- Health and Safety & Environmental best practice
For those that understand the part-time Masters, you will complete additional research on a water related project that will benefit both of you and the organisation.
- A recent or prospective graduate/post-graduate in Engineering (all disciplines), minimum 2:1 (NFQ Level 8)
- A natural problem solver who relishes working in diverse teams, with strong communication skills
- Able to demonstrate initiative, innovation and drive, and a pride in the work you deliver
- Enthusiastic, curious and ambitious
- Strong IT skills
- Eligible to work in Ireland for the duration of the programme
- On successful completion of this programme, you will have gained considerable experience and knowledge of the water industry and a rounded perspective of the operations of water and wastewater
- A structured training and development roadmap that offers technical and professional development
- For those that undertake a MSc part-time, you obtain a Level 9 post-graduate qualification, a requirement for those working towards Chartership Status with Engineers Ireland
- Hybrid working is available to graduates who are resident in the Republic of Ireland
- Access to a community where everyone works collaboratively to fulfil their potential
- A competitive and fair salary will be offered.
For more information please see the Graduates Hub here.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a 1-day Assessment Centre in December. The programme will commence in September 2023.
Committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace with a robust strategy and framework to enable this, Uisce Éireann is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from interested and suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, member of traveller community, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.