Irish Water Internship 2023
As the Water Services Industry in Ireland continues to transform, Irish Water is working with individual colleges/universities to provide students with academic placements.
About Irish Water
Irish Water is Ireland’s national regulated water utility and is responsible for providing water and wastewater services throughout Ireland. Our vision is a sustainable Ireland where water is respected and protected, for the planet and all the lives it supports. We rise to the challenge of delivering transformative water services that enables communities to thrive.
At Irish Water, we have exciting plans for the next five years, including a €5bn programme of Capital Investment.
This is where we need ambitious and talented undergraduates like you to join our organisation on your Intern placement and help us as we deliver transformative Water Services to all communities in Ireland.
Applications for the 2023 Irish Water Internship Programme are open to undergraduates in all disciplines. Placements can be from 7 to 11 months. Shorter intern placements of three months will also be considered.
We offer interns experience in the departments such as:
- Supply Chain
- Customer Operations
- People and Safety
- Corporate Affairs/Internal Communications
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Must be returning to complete studies after the completion of the placement (students in their 2nd or 3rd year (must be second-last year)
- A natural problem solver, who relishes working in diverse teams and has strong communication skills
- Able to demonstrate initiative, innovation, and pride in the work you deliver
- Proficient in MS Office
- Enthusiastic, curious, and ambitious
- Practical on-the-job work experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Training supports available
- Access to a community where everyone works collaboratively to fulfil their fullest potential and to reach their goals
- Invaluable experience and knowledge of the Water Industry and a rounded perspective of the company
- Hybrid working is available
- A fair salary will be offered
Irish Water is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace with a robust strategy and framework to enable this, Irish Water is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from interested and suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/gender identity or disability.